WE ARE SAFE IN NEWPORT, PEMBROKESHIRE…
Our area is one of the safest in Pembrokeshire and for that matter in Wales. Of our 22 counties in Wales, Pembrokeshire comes in second for least cases of the Covid-19 Virus. Add to that the fact that the Old Rectory and Retreat Cottage is completely surrounded by pastoral farmland making your stay completely self contained. The quiet and safe village of Newport is less than a mile’s walk away. Things are opening up again steadily. Now as of May 3rd 2021, two families can make a bubble again plus one other person in one house. The Rectory and additionally the Cottage are considered one house each. That being said, our preparation strictly follows the safety guidelines provided by our local health authorities. Please see them here below:
Extras we do….
* Specially formulated antibacterial spray will be used on all surfaces, doors, handles, taps etc.
* All hand wash soap supplied is now antibacterial.
* There are hand sanitizers supplied and should be used when entering and leaving the property every time. (Please do not remove from the property)
* There are gloves available and also a limited supply of face masks. (We do urge you to bring your own face masks.)
* All linens and towels are put through a sanitizing wash cycle and put through the dryer on a high heat.
* We ask that when shopping locally to use the hand sanitizer that is supplied in shops on entering and also to use a face covering as most shops are small and can only just comply with the 2m rule.